Archer T600U Plus AC600 - reoccuring connection loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-15 18:05:32 - last edited 2023-04-16 17:40:45
Model: Archer T600U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer T600U Plus(UN)_V1_190506_WIN

Problem:

The connection is good but every few minutes I lose connection to the internet. this happens on 2.4ghz and also 5.0ghz.

Circumstances:

- Computer has no inbuilt WIFI connector.

- My laptop (Windows 11) has the same problem when using the archer t600u plus but not without.

- Distance: ~8m to the router and very few obstacles in the way

- Motherboard drivers are up to date

- Didn't buy a used adapter.

What I have tried:

- Installing the driver using the Setup.exe.

- Uninstalling the driver and installing it manually.

- Switching channels on my router to less frequently used ones.

- 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz WLAN.

- Using different USB-Ports (USB2 and USB3).

- Turning off other devices in WLAN.

- Redirecting the antenna.

- Installing chipset driver from https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

- Installing chipset driver from https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/259298

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T600U Plus AC600 - reoccuring connection loss
2023-04-19 03:18:33

@damagee 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know how long you have had the adapter? and when did this issue start?

I see you have almost finished the whole troubleshooting by yourself and no other suggestions are available now.

If it is under warranty, you could contact the local retailer to get it replaced first.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Archer T600U Plus AC600 - reoccuring connection loss
2023-06-15 09:44:14

If you're experiencing recurring connection loss with your Archer T600U Plus AC600 Wi-Fi adapter, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure driver compatibility: Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Wi-Fi adapter. Visit the official TP-Link website and download the most recent driver for the Archer T600U Plus AC600 adapter, specifically for the operating system you're using.

2. USB port selection: Plug the Wi-Fi adapter into a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, USB ports can malfunction, so switching to a different one may help resolve the issue.

3. USB power settings: Adjust the power settings for USB ports in your computer's power management options. Go to your computer's Device Manager, find the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, right-click on each USB Root Hub, select Properties, go to the Power Management tab, and uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." Repeat this process for all USB Root Hubs listed.

Hope this helps.

Options