Archer AX72pro and Mercusys onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-17 13:52:53
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hello everyone!

I just bought a TPLINK Archer AX72pro and two MERCUSYS Halo H80X (ax3000).

Given all the products support oneMesh I was expecting to be connect the Halo to my router and create a single mesh network.

Apparently that’s not the case for two reasons: if I reset the Halo’s and try to find them via the router as onemesh, it just says there are no oneMesh devices available.

If I try to configure the Halo instead (which is possible only via the app!?) there’s no way to set it up as oneMesh client but it forces me to connect a network cable to the router which is infact making the whole idea useless.

Did I choose the wrong product or am I doing something wrong with the setup? Is there any alternative product that would support out of the box onemesh so I can create a mesh network from the archer to two different nodes without the need of connecting one via cable?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX72pro and Mercusys onemesh
2023-04-21 02:11:05

@fmaule 

Apparently, AX72 Pro and Halo H80X don't belong to the same mesh system, they cannot build up a seamless mesh network.

Check this FAQ and you will find Onemesh cannot work with other mesh systems.

As per this EasyMesh Product List, it seems TP-Link plan to support EasyMesh for AX72 Pro in the furture. If EasyMesh is supported, then you can add other EasyMesh routers or extenders to build a seamless mesh system.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-04-26 08:35:44

@Liverpool20 

thanks for the reply.

It definitely makes some sense, even though I feel everything very confusing. If two devices advertise as working with "onemesh" protocol I would expect them to work together.

After contacting the TPLink support, they told me Mercusys/Halo product aren't really compatible

Based on *their* suggestion, I purchased two Deco X50 (which are a little bit more expensive while looking cooler for sure..). Turns out, I have exactly the same issue.

It seems like you know more about their products than themselves - do you know if there is *any* solution (I'm willing to switch the router as well, if needed) to have a seamless mesh network that doesn't require me to wire up the mesh devices? As far as I understand, only the Range Extenders RE* would work at this right moment. Correct?

Thanks!

Options
2023-05-06 02:38:55

@fmaule 

Deco should work for you. 

How did you connect the Deco X50? What do you mean it doesn't build up a mesh network? If you want to build up the mesh network by mixing Deco X50 and Mercusys/Halo products, then they can't. But Deco themselves can build up a mesh network without an issue.

You may check this website to understand how Deco Mesh works.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 3

Related Articles