WPA3 on Archer 11000 router release 1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-21 12:37:09
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Just downloaded and installed the latest firmware update for my AX11000 today. On my Windows 11 laptop it started showing that my internet connection isn't secure as I was using WPA2 and not WPA3. So I logged in to the router and upgraded the settings to WPA3. It then disconnected every device connected to the router via wifi.

In a panic, I manually plugged the router to my laptop to switch it back. How do you upgrade to WPA3 so it will allow all of your devices to connect? What are the steps?

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA3 on Archer 11000 router release 1.0
2023-04-21 17:14:01

@DarthTom 

Hi,

As it's rather unlikely that all of your client devices support WPA3 already, you should probably better go with the setting "WPA2/WPA3-Personal", which is also being called "WPA3 Transition Mode".

This will allow older client devices that are not capable of using WPA3 to connect with WPA2 security.

For WPA3-capable client devices that were previously connected to your AX11000 via WPA2 you will probably need to delete (or "remove", or "forget") the existing connection on the client device and then re-establish the connection to your AX11000 (i.e. click/tap on the SSID of the wireless network and enter the wireless password). The client device should then connect via the highest available security standard, in that case WPA3. (provided the device in question does indeed support WPA3)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Related Articles