Deco X50-PoE, Can't connect to Guest Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-23 14:05:04
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Problem with connecting to Guest network.

I got three X50-PoE in the house. I can't connect to the guest network unless I'm standing close to the "main" X50-PoE.

Anyone know how to solve the problem?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X50-PoE, Can't connect to Guest Network
2023-04-24 03:05:38

@MartinNilsson 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Would there be any error message when you could no longer connect to satellite Deco X50-POE?

I noticed you are on the latest firmware 1.1.0 which is just released a week ago, did this issue start after the firmware upgrade?

Can I have a picture of your network topology/layout, such as:

Internet---ISP modem--main Deco X50-POE(via DC power adapter)---PoE switch----2*satellite Deco X50-POEs

If there is a switch, May I know the model number of the PoE switch?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-24 04:57:04

@David-TP 

Hi,

thanks for a quick reply. No errors has been showned in app before or after update to the newest firmware.

There is no switch between Deco X50-PoE and internet. One of the X50-PoE is set to "Main". And thats the one closest to the incomming cable for internet, but it is the one furtherst away in the house. 

When I'm standing in the garage it works fine to connect to the guest network but when i'm in the house it just trying to connect till it times out. But to connect to main network is working fine wherever in the house...

Model Deco: X50-PoE AX3000

Options
2023-04-24 06:38:36

@MartinNilsson 

Thanks for the update.

I will follow up on your case via email in case I need to forward your case to the senior engineers later.

by the way, I see all the Deco X50-POE are connected via Ethernet cable, and if there is no PoE switch, do you power up all 3*X50-POE via DC power adapters? and how do you connect the other two X50-POEs via Ethernet cables to each other?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-24 08:51:23

@David-TP 

Sorry, I forgot about the switch between the main X50-POE and the other two. There is a switch called (Ubiquiti-Unifi 16 PoE) witch power the other two X50-PoE with PoE. So they are not powered by DC outlet.

Options
2023-10-18 16:47:37

@MartinNilsson 

Hello , 

I have really same case as here in this thread is described. Just the middle switch is tplink 8 port fast ethernet. Could I ask you if there is some solution?

Thank you

Gargy

Options
2023-10-18 19:10:32

@Gargy 

There was a very simple solution to my problem. I only had to change the settings on the switch by enable and allowing the guest network.

Options