S200B smart action no notification in Mobile Telephone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-23 17:19:30
Model: Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am using quite some devices in my home but my questions regards to

- S200B

- H100

- C320

The S200B is mounted at the entrance and connected to the H100 in the house. An intelligent action is running that when somebody presses the S200B the H100 sounds and this works.

The C320 is mounted at the entrance so I see who is there and I can listen and speak to the person.

But what I do NOT achieve is that:

Minimum scenario:

I get an alarm in my telefone when somebody presses the bell.

Optimal scenario:

When somebody presses the bell automatically the app opens with the video feed of the C320

Let's stick with the minimum scenario. As you see in the pictures below notifications are enabled for all devices. When e.g. a camera registers a movement, the app sends a notification to the telephone and the telephone vibrates and I have a visual notification even when I do not use the app. In case of the S200B/H100 this does not happen. I have an entry in the historial or when I open the app in the dash view, the most recent event is shown but I do NOT get a vibration or sound when I do not use the phone (but when there is an alert from the cameras it works).

Can anybody please advise on minimum and optimal scenario.

I think it should be a very common feature regarding a smart entry bell that there should be a notification in the phone (e.g. when you are not at home).

Options
4 Reply
Re:S200B smart action no notification in Mobile Telephone
2023-04-25 03:51:13

@bmwtroll 

Hello! Thank you for the post. The notification feature is not available on the smart button S200B at the moment. You can start a new thread under the Feature Request block separately. 

Based on your usage scenario, actually we have a new product that better meets your needs, the smart doorbell Tapo D230S1. Keep an eye on the TP-Link official website and Where To Buy to receive the latest news of the launch date of this product!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-11 18:26:41

@bmwtroll hi, you say the feature (mobile push notifications from S200B smart button) is not available atm, do you have any idea if/when it will become available?

i do find it had to believe this was a deliberate choice to exclude this notification option from the S200B "smart" button when every other device on this system has this option to toggle on/off mobile notifications as needed? and this device is advertised as an "Emergency help" and "smart doorbell" so i assume this is a bug or oversight from the software team?

btw, i already posed/questioned this (feature/bug?) in the feature request section about a week ago with no responce yet

Regards, Jeff :)

Options
2023-05-11 18:45:21

@BustaUK I have no idea. I am a user like you and not related to TP-Link ...

Options
2023-05-11 19:05:25
ahh sorry about that, hopefully we can get an official response in here for this issue
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 4

Related Articles