Deco X20 3 pack going offline, restarting and going offline, also ethernet backhaul dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 3 pack going offline, restarting and going offline, also ethernet backhaul dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-24 10:09:29 - last edited 2023-04-24 10:10:32
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

The subject says it all. The main unit is more stable but the other two go offline all the time. Sometimes they reset, other times not. The ethernet backhaul comes and goes. Right now, they are both offline and I am sick of restarting them. While I have been typing, they have come back but my ethernet backhaul hasn't 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 3 pack going offline, restarting and going offline, also ethernet backhaul dropping
2023-04-24 11:43:39

@Jeffg53 

What you described could happen if switch(es) at your home network through which Deco units are connected do not support Deco Ethernet backhaul protocol. This could make Deco unstable. DLink switches are known to cause such issues. 

See this FAQ document for more information: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

For troubleshooting purposes I would suggest connecting all Deco units to each other with Ethernet cables, without switches between them:

You may need to move Satellite Deco units closer to where Main Deco for that, but once again: this is temporary reconfiguration of you Deco mesh.

If in that daisy chain your Deco mesh becomes stable, that strongly hints at switches or Ethernet wiring at your place. It should be easier to pinpoint the culprit now.

Options
Re:Deco X20 3 pack going offline, restarting and going offline, also ethernet backhaul dropping
2023-04-25 00:15:15
Many thanks. Rather than move boxes around, I made it all wifi. That made it stable. This morning I reconfigured to reduce the number of switches, and to connect the satellites via ethernet. So far , it’s working as it should. My switches are TPLink but probably a few years old. Thanks again.
Options
2023-04-25 22:49:47

@Jeffg53 Twenty four hours later, it's all running well. Thanks again for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 3

Related Articles