Jumbo Frames on TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Jumbo Frames on TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Jumbo Frames on TD-W8970
Jumbo Frames on TD-W8970
2017-01-30 00:50:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TD-W8970 WiFi router which has a 4 port Gigabit built in LAN switch.

I connect my NAS to this for performing backups, but wanted to use Jumbo Frames.

Having set my NIC and NAS to use 9K Jumbo Frames, when I ping my NAS with 'ping 192.168.1.3 -f -l 9000.' i get an error:

'Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.'

Does my router/switch support Jumbo Frames and if so where can i turn it on / set it, as I can't find any settings?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Jumbo Frames on TD-W8970
2017-02-01 05:11:39

Johnsontp wrote

To modify you must go to Properties, advanced options of the network adapter of your computer.

Thanks - this sounds to me like you're talking about how to enable Jumbo frame on my network adapter. I've already done that.

I need to know if my router supports Jumbo frames. I cannot find any settings with my router config where I can change the (LAN) MTU / jumbo frame size. The router has Gigabit switch ports, I'm using Cat5e, my network adapter and NAS are gigabit, with Jumbo frames enabled.

My PC (with gigabit NIC) connects to port 1 of my router. My NAS connects to port 2 of my router.

I would like to use 9K Jumbo Frames to transfer data between them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 1