Deco M4 dropping out Internet time to time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-24 15:26:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20221229 Rel. 72252

For the last month, my old Deco M4 router was dropping of internet by showing red light. Whenever i restarted the router the problem would be fixed. I upgraded my firmware after that and the router was still giving the problem. So i bought a New Deco M4 and used it as the main router, the problem still persistent where my modem had the LAN Green light being static and the router showing Red light. The modem was changed still no luck I even changed my isp today but the same problem where the router randomly drops out internet and gets fixed as soon as i restart it.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 dropping out Internet time to time
2023-04-25 06:20:17

@Fahmid 

Hi, welcome to the community.

How often would the Deco lose connection within one day?

Could you please check whether there is still a valid IPV4 address on the Deco APP when the main Deco M4 turned red?

And if not restarting the main M4, would unplugging/plugging the internet cable between the main M4 and ISP modem help restore the connection?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email form me later.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 06:43:35

@David-TP 

Hello, it seems the old deco i was using in the mesh (not the main one) might be the problem. I removed it from the network (created a new one with only the brand new deco) and everything seems to be fine. But it dropped the internet only once since then (the ONU was blinking the green LAN at the time of drop unlike before where the LAN was static with the old mesh). I'll follow the instructions in email if the network drops again and let you know. 

Thank you

Options
2023-04-25 06:54:07

@David-TP 

About your questions

1. The old network was dropping almost 3 to 4 times a day for the last month.

2. No, I'm using a PPPOE connection so when the deco had white lights on it was showing a valid ip but when the router was red there wasn't any. 

3. No, fhe unplugging and plugging the ethernet cable didn't fix the issue.. only when i restarted the router is when the issue was fixed. 

Note that this was all when I had a Brand new deco as my main one connected to my modem and providing net to a switch which is connected with my 2 pc and an old one basically as an extender mesh in my hallway. After creating a new network without the old one everything seems to be working fine. 

Should I try reconnecting the old one (about 2. 5 years old) with mesh and see if the problem occurs? 

Should i follow the instructions on your email or wait to see if the connection drops out again. here is the visual cue on what was happening yesterday

Options
2023-04-25 07:24:27

@Fahmid 

Thanks for the quick reply.

If the new pack works well ever since the first internet outage, there is no need to plug the old back in or install the debug firmware.

You could monitor the performance for a while and maybe the old pack was aging and needed to be replaced.

The support ticket will be activated once you give an update via email later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 15:57:14

@David-TP 

Hello, it occurred again, the deco dropped out the internet by showing red light, it was fixed when the router was restarted. Same shown in the modem where the lan was static instead of blinking 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 338

Replies: 5

Related Articles