PX50 PLC issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PX50 PLC issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PX50 PLC issues
PX50 PLC issues
2023-04-25 10:56:26
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Having some issues with my new PX50s. Main reason for purchase was to provide wifi to a summerhouse at the top of the garden. Having successfully done this using HomeAV plugs previously I'm now back to using them.

The issue experienced is that the DECO chooses which other DECO unit to pickup it's PLC connection from (wifi is between buildings so wifi mesh not really an option). However, whichever one is used the connection provided is very poor. As there are no stats to access or anything else to provide useful info I'm not sure why. All I can say is that as soon as I switch back to using Homplugs (AV600's) the connection speeds are improved hugely (wifi download tests jump from 2-3mbps to 40mbps). I appreciate that the DECOs will now be using etherneet backhaul but that doesn't explain why the powerline is so bad in the first place.

The power is across different circuits which may be an issue and it's just simply that the Homeplugs are better suited in this environment.

I was hoping the newer PLC PX50s would improve the issue not be worse or am I missing something?

Options
3 Reply
Re:PX50 PLC issues
2023-04-26 08:03:15

@nse2001uk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have some pictures of the network map and signal source strength of Decos on the APP, such as:

And for the AV600s, do you mean TL-WPA4220 KIT?

By the way, do you use PX50 in wireless router mode? And except for PX50, do you still keep the old ISP modem router?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-26 09:34:26

Hi there,

As requested

The Home plug kit is a pair of TL-PA4010P's and the PX50 is in wireless router mode connected to an Archer VR2800 router. When using the homeplugs everything remains the same apart from using the Homeplugs to connect the Office & Summerhouse DECO's via ethernet rather than relying on their own PLC.

thanks,

Options
2023-04-27 05:50:00

@nse2001uk 

Hi, Thank you very much for the further details.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 701

Replies: 3

Related Articles