Weird T9E Archer issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weird T9E Archer issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Weird T9E Archer issue
Weird T9E Archer issue
2023-04-25 22:34:31
Tags: #Windows 10
Model: Archer T9E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer T9E(US)_V1_170831_Wins

Hello everyone, first time posting here. Appologizes in advance in case this post break any rules.

I've own this T9E archer for 6 years, and never had issues with until recently. Suddenly I get connections slowing down to half then back to normal, constantly (Download and upload), and all goes away when I reinstall the last available official driver " Archer T9E(US)_V1_170831_Wins". I Open the .exe and repair the driver. Connection is fine, than 1/2 days later it slows down in the same manner until I update again, and everything is fine. This has come to my attention in the last month or so, but I'm not sure how long this could've been going unnoticed (was blaming on the ISP, router, until I found out it was only my computer with this problem)

Not sure whats going, i'm assuming windows is messing up with the drivers?

Best regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Weird T9E Archer issue
2023-04-26 01:52:12

@markv1984 

Hi, are you able to test the adapter on different Windows computers?

Since Archer T9E is about 6 years old, it is also likely the hardware is aging.

If possible, it is also suggested to install the driver here to see whether it helped to not:

T9E_ASUS driver_7.35.351.0.zip

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-26 04:46:50

@David-TP 

David, thank you for your quick response.

Right after I posted this thread, I decided to check for newer drivers for my mobo chipset, and updated it. After 2 system restarts, the connection is still fine!

Appreciate your driver suggestion, in case the above solution does not work, i'll give this driver a try and report later the results

Best,

Mark

Options
2023-04-26 14:12:47
David, just reporting: neither the driver nor the chipset updated solved. Repairing the driver using the other version I mentioned, makes the connection normal again until when it does not anymore. Regardless,. thank you for your help and support Best.
Options
2023-06-17 19:02:53

@markv1984 David, I just want to report that I solved the problem.

It was nothing wrong or related to the tp-link hardware neither software/configuration, but Windows persistently replacing my tp-link driver with a generic one by its own causing my connection to be unstable. I told windows to stop doing this within the registry.

Best regards and thanks again for the support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 4

Tags

Windows 10
Related Articles