Ethernet Connected PC use router USB 4G to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-29 05:59:56
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v0089.0 Build 191018 Rel.34369n(4555)

Hi,  

Id like to use the router with 4G USB modem to allow a PC connected to the ethernet port to access the internet using the 4G modem. 
I can acheive this when PC uses the router hotspot (USB modem works well) but I need to be able to connect a non wifi enabled PC to the router over Ethernet to connected to the internet. 

Can someone show me how to do this ? 

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Connected PC use router USB 4G to connect to internet
2023-05-05 06:11:13

Hello @chrisO2 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

As per your requirements, you need to get the internet source via the USB 4G dongle that is plugged into the USB port of the WR902AC, and connect its WAN/LAN Ethernet port to a client device, am I right?

If I'm correct, the WR902AC cannot meet your requirements. When getting the internet via a USB 4G dongle, the WR902AC needs to be working in Router mode, and the WAN/LAN port will function as the WAN port in Router mode. Thus you cannot connect it to a client device via cable anymore.

In your case, you may consider purchasing a 4G router, like TL-MR3020, which will allow you to get the internet source via the dongle and connect it to a client device via an Ethernet cable. But I'm not sure if this model is available in your region, you may check to see if you can find it in some online stores.

Or you may consider purchasing the 4G Wi-Fi routers, such as Archer MR600, which allows you to insert a SIM card into the router directly, and there is no need for a USB modem.

Alternatively, you may consider the MiFi models, such as M7650, which also allows you to connect a Windows computer to access the internet via the USB port. Here is a configuration guide for your reference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 1

Related Articles