Change WI-FI channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change WI-FI channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change WI-FI channel
Change WI-FI channel
2023-05-02 15:14:15
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_1.0.3 Build 20230302

The Deco "ai" seems to select the most congested channels possible and I can't find a way to change the channels?, The only "tool" I can find is network optimization?...which proceeds to tell me that the channels I'm using are "perfect" which when I then run WI-FI diagnostics via WI-FI Assistant in the app it patently isn't "perfect", it shows as extremely congested?

So considering I purchased the "PRO" version of the XE75 can anybody advised why I'm unable to alter the WI-FI channels in use? which I'd consider a basic function.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change WI-FI channel
2023-05-03 23:05:15

@REDMrMojo 

Hey

Not sure why you cant manually change the channels, asked that myself before with no answer.

However..  the reason its always detecting congestion, channel hopping.. its common as hell!

One of the major issues is that ISP routers will automatically change channel to avoid interference, so on Monday you run a scan and find channel 40 is clear and switch to it.   Sadly the next day your neighbours ISP router has joined you on 40 as also things its great... you switch again, it will also...    its a no win scenario sadly and seen it so many times.   This is one of the major drawbacks of doing a site survey and choosing a manual channel, in most instances its better to just ignore or leave auto switching.

My only advice, dont get hung up on its saying congested.. unless speeds are absolutely awful then it's likely not an issue.   Rarely do you ever get a clear airspace and even then its changing daily, sadly its an expected problem.    Yes the deco optimiser will fix it, until your neighbours move again!  

If its any help, I live in a village with just 5 neighbours and we are surrounded by fields..  on 5ghz its reads 25% utilisation with a big YELLOW warning, 2.4ghz is even worse.. yet it causes no issues to the speed or signal at all.   

Take the "Extremely Congested" with a pinch of salt :)

Options