Deco X60 blocks AFP/Bonjour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-02 17:40:16
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

When connected to wired network, my macbook is able to connect to AFP shares (via bonjour discovery) of volumes from NAS servers (both synology and freenas). When connected via deco wifi (mesh enabled or otherwise) the shares cannot be seen and time machine cannot back up to them.

Is there some setting that I am missing?

Thanks

William

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X60 blocks AFP/Bonjour
2023-05-06 11:27:07

@WilliamCh 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I haven't seen this feedback before and hope you could help me check the following details:

Do you mean if both Macbook and NAS server connect to Deco via Ethernet cables, Macbook is able to access AFP shares? But when Macbook is wirelessly connected(to any Deco, main, or satellite units of the Mesh), it could not access the AFP shares anymore.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-07 16:21:27

@David-TP 

Hi, yes, that's correct, but I suspect that the issue is with the bonjour discovery of the shares rather than the AFP itself. I have worked around the issue by using an SMB3 shared from the NAS and mounting that directly on the mac allows the time machine backup to use the share without bonjour, and so works via the deco, but any other bonjour discovery (such as printers etc) would probably not work.

Thanks

William

Options
2023-05-08 08:54:39

@WilliamCh 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I did see some feedback that iPhones/iPads did not find printers during air-print before, or airplay could not find Chromecast. However, they started working properly later for no reason. So I think Deco could work well with Bonjour Discovery.

In this way, if you would like to further investigate this issue, you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. A picture of the network map on the Deco APP.

2. Which Deco is NAS connected to?

3. If AFP service is enabled again on NAS, are you able to reproduce this issue most of the time on the Macbook when it is wirelessly connected to Deco?

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-16 14:48:14

@David-TP 

Apologies for the delay in responding to this; I was away last week. The issue does appear to be with bonjour discovery. The 'Discovery' mac app shows what can be discovered via bonjour, and this shows a drastically reduced set of visible things when connected via the Deco, as oppoesed to the set seen when connected via a wired connection or via the old pre-deco wifi setup that I had. Some screen shots of the discovery app:

When connected via Deco:

When connected via wired network:

When connected via old wifi:

For completeness, to answer your earlier questions, a screenshot of the Deco app:

and the NAS (and old wifi) are connected to the same wired network that the 'Living Room' deco node is (and the mac is also connected to that deco node).

Thanks

William

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 4

Related Articles