Hide QR Code

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hide QR Code

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hide QR Code
Hide QR Code
2023-05-06 10:45:54
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys kindly let me know how can i disable the qr code sharing in Archer C80

Options
5 Reply
Re:Hide QR Code
2023-05-08 06:20:30

@Abdul_Jaleel 

Which QR code do you refer to? On the package box or on the router web UI anywhere?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-08 15:01:30

@Liverpool20Im talking about qr code which shows wifi password sharing 

Options
2023-05-11 08:27:55

@Abdul_Jaleel 

Do you mean this code? It seems this cannot be disabled. But I don't think no one can access the web admin page of the router unless you approve. So no worries.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-12 03:54:54

@Liverpool20 Exactly this qr code i mean, even there is disable option cant activate !! After untick then check back its ticked again !! Everywhere is technology is updating with higher security solutions but tp-link is downgrading !! Im not afraid someone enter the admin page, due this qr code people are thefting my wifi and im afraid the security issues ☹️

Options
2023-05-12 17:33:11 - last edited 2023-05-12 17:38:04

@Abdul_Jaleel 

Hi,

The purpose of the two checkboxes within the "Share Network" feature is to select what you want to be part of the picture file that can be generated by clicking on "Save for the Picture". That's all.

The QR code, which can be saved as a file and then manually shared with other people, contains the following information:
- Network Name (SSID)
- Security
- Password
- SSID hidden or not

All these information can be seen on the "Wireless Settings" page anyway, so it makes no difference whether the QR code is also shown there or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 5

Related Articles