How to connect my new deco to old exisiting wifi network or How to remove old wifi network for good?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to connect my new deco to old exisiting wifi network or How to remove old wifi network for good?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 03:45:12
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not Sure

Hello. I have a little bit confused back story before asking those two questions as mentioned above. So my backstory is:

I have bought some decos few years ago for my 500mbps internet because the speed is too slow and those decos are M5s and X20s just enough for 500mbps internet service provider. So i have created new wifi under deco (M5/X20). But recently, i have changed my ISP to other company's ISP which is 1gbps and i immediately bought new set of mesh which is x50 that supports 1gbps speed. When i tried to connect to the previous wifi network which named "dhavoc89", it wont allowed me to but instead wanted me to create another new wifi network. So i just followed the instruction of creating new wifi network which name "dhavoc1301". So my questions now are:

1) How do i connect to the old existing wifi network (dhavoc89) with my new decos(x50)?

or

2) How do i remove the old existing wifi network(dhavoc89) for good and connect to the new wifi network(dhavoc1301)?

The reason i asked this because it is really annoying that both wifi networks tried to replace/reconnect with each other and the internet keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes?

P.S i have tried to "forget" dhavoc89 many times but it keeps popping up

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to connect my new deco to old exisiting wifi network or How to remove old wifi network for good?
2023-05-09 03:28:36

@Dhavoc1301 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did you want to add Deco X50 into the same Mesh as Deco X20 and Deco M5?

If yes, I see you have already set up Deco X50 with a new SSID , and since only one SSID is allowed in the same Mesh system, you could factory reset Deco M5 and Deco X20(by holding the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s), and add them into Deco X50'mesh network: How to add an additional unit to your Deco network After that, the original SSID-dhavoc89 will disappear and only dhavoc1301 is left.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:How to connect my new deco to old exisiting wifi network or How to remove old wifi network for good?
2023-05-13 12:39:42
so do i need to disconnect the current deco(x50) and reconnect back deco x20 with the router first before resetting it?
Options
2023-05-13 13:31:45 - last edited 2023-05-13 13:33:15

@Dhavoc1301 

I recently upgraded my Deco M9( 3 devices pack )  to the XE75 pro ( 3 device pack).   

My process was Remove the 2  mesh nodes/ Access points first in the app ( this basically resets the devices ) then when the main deco was left ( the one plugged into the router/modem ) i chose the Delete network option ) 

Physically Removed all old devices ( unplugged packed away ) 

Created new deco network using the + option on top right of app ( Create a Network )  starting with the mesh unit plugged into my Ethernet/ Modem. Used the same network SSID and password as the current wifi network then added in the other wireless mesh units using the " Add deco unit " option in the app . 

This worked pretty much spot on and all devices picked up the existing SSID without any problems. 

Options
2023-05-13 14:25:09
no.. i dont want to add those deco x20 and m5 coz those are up till 500mbps.. i want it all removed and only x50 remains.. since right now my isp is 1gbps and only x50 can support that
Options
2023-05-13 14:28:45
but i want to remove my old wifi network (dhavoc89) which used (deco m5 and x20) and continue using the new network (dhavoc1301) which is using my new upgrades (x50)... i have tried that solution he gave but still failed to remove the old network
Options
2023-05-13 15:15:13

@Dhavoc1301 

Would post some screenshots of what you see in the app may be helpful in getting assistance as it sounds like somethings not doing whats expected.

I would have though if you had devices not needed you can just remove them ( reset them )  and make sure the device connected to the Router/Modem is set as the Main deco. 

Options
2023-05-15 11:08:39

@Dhavoc1301 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

There is no need to connect Deco X20 and Deco M5 back and after the hardware reset(holding the reset pinhole for 1s), it will be removed from the Deco APP.

Normally the hardware reset is above the software reset on the Deco APP.

IntrovertSins Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Next time, if you want to change the main Deco, there is no need to reset the original system and you could refer to this link to switch the main Deco so that you could smoothly move the original network configuration to the new system. It is kind of like Backup & Restore. (You could start adding one Deco XE75 pro as the main Deco, then remove the old 3-pack Deco M9; after that add the rest Deco XE75 pro.)

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options