Samsung TV+ connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 16:46:59
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Rel 60992

Hi, I have a Samsung Smart TV with Samsung TV plus, the TV is connected via a wired connection to the Deco Pro. All normal apps, Disney +, Netflix etc work fine, however Samsung TV plus will not connect to any channel, or let me stream any content.  If I hot spot to my iPhone it works fine.  I can see other people have had similar issues and I have tried some of the suggested fixes but the issues persist. Does any one have any ideas of how I might be able to fix this. Country location is UK. 

Options
16 Reply
Re:Samsung TV+ connection issues
2023-05-14 10:03:15

@Sometimesineed I am facing the exact same issue with TP-Link Deco X60 and tried turning off mesh network for this device, also disabled fast roaming but nothing was to avail. Please let us know if you were able to find a work-around. 

Options
2023-05-15 12:18:32

@RamanB no I haven't been able to find a workaround yet, other than to hotspot my phone there is something I want to watch. Tech suppprt were not very helpful when I tried to contact them. 

Options
2023-05-15 14:05:46

@Sometimesineed Try connecting the tv via WiFi to the XE75

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-05-15 14:08:08

@ImtiazAli I have tried wired, wireless and creating a guest  wireless network. 

Options
2023-05-16 10:56:16

@Sometimesineed 

Hi, before using XE75 Pro, were you having the same issue with the old Wi-Fi router under the same ISP service?

Or is there any chance to run a long cable to connect the TV directly to the ISP modem? (By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider?)

Please try to change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-05-18 21:08:23

@David-TP 

Hi, changing the DNS settings had no change in the issue and it still persists

as mentioned all other streaming services work fine. 

Options
2023-05-19 07:23:54

@Sometimesineed 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

How about the first question here:

before using XE75 Pro, were you having the same issue with the old Wi-Fi router under the same ISP service?

Or is there any chance to run a long cable to connect the TV directly to the ISP modem? (By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider?)

And I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from us.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-19 07:28:17

@David-TP for me the service works if I use the WiFi SSID provided by the ISP from their router. Only TPLink Deco has the issue of not being able to stream Samsung TV+ even though Deco is connected to the same router provided by the ISP.

Options
2023-05-19 07:34:24

@David-TP  there were no issues with the old router which was a TP Link as well, and there are no issues with the ISP either which is FibreNest in the UK when connecting direct. 

Options
2023-05-24 19:08:39

@David-TP  I have heard nothing about this over email. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2142

Replies: 16

Related Articles