Slow and unstable 2.4 Ghz band connection on Archer C20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 19:55:18
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 201214 Rel.42010n(4555)

I use dual band and 5 Ghz works fine. But 2.4 Ghz is very slow and unstable. Sometimes it works fine but often loses connection (about 5 times in 15 minutes). Sometimes i can't even connect to WIFI. This problem occurs on all my devices that connected to 2.4 Ghz. 

Archer C20 is EU version. I bought it 15 days ago and this problem showed up after 5 days of using it.

Firmware is the latest as i checked. I tried to change Channel, Channel Width, SSID. Tried to turn off 5 Ghz and did reset. Nothing worked. Please provide me a solution if there's any. Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow and unstable 2.4 Ghz band connection on Archer C20
2023-05-17 07:37:10

@Ali17 

2.4G may have more interference than 5G, so that's why it gives you issues when connecting.

Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, and review all the channels in 2.4G. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4G. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4G to lesser use channels.

There are other tips too from tp-link, below. There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

You can also use this guide about placing your router for a optimal performance.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Slow and unstable 2.4 Ghz band connection on Archer C20
2023-05-18 07:25:04

@Liverpool20 

I have already checked with wifi analyzer and chose optimal channel (1). My old router worked normal on 2.4 Ghz. So i don't this is the issue

Options