Remote Access to Server using DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 14:18:48
Tags: #Remote Access
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: beta

Hi,

I would like to set up remote access to my router anywhere in the world without using 255.255.255.255, I saw this thread https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/66/.

I want to set up a wireguard server and be able to connect to check the settings if things do go wrong or I have to chance the configuration. However in case the ip address changes I was hoping to use DDNS although I do believe internal IP addresses are static. can I use a DDNS hostname instead.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1367/#:~:text=Go%20to%20Advance%20%3E%20Network%20%3E%20Dynamic,bound%20to%20your%20router%20automatically.

Is there a way to do this, also I'm not sure if the Cloud Tether app woul help out with this as well.

Great work on Wireguard functionality, my plan is to purchase 2 Archer AX55 and set one up as a server and another as a client as opposed to using a VPN provider, however I want to ensure I can troubleshoot as well.

Kind Regards,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote Access to Server using DDNS
2023-05-15 22:50:28 - last edited 2023-05-15 22:55:47

@ex-nihilo 

The point of creating a DDNS is to mitigate changing of your dynamic public IP address - here's the guide.

In this case you use the registered domain name when accessing AX55 remotely.

If it's a static public IP address, then there's no need to use DDNS feature - just use your public IP address.

Regardless of your public IP address type, you can use this guide for remote access AX55 web management interface (WebGUI).

Just keep in mind that for using AX55 WebGUI remotely you need your public IP address on your AX55 WAN (Internet) port.

You can do the same (remotely accessing AX55) via the Tether app cloud access - here's a video for configuring this.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Tags

Remote Access
Related Articles