XE75 Pro ethernet ports stuck and do not recover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 15:08:29 - last edited 2023-05-15 15:10:15
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230302 Rel. 60992

Deco looses its connection to the internet via Movistar FO modem. It happens every night. All devices wired directly to modem don't lose connection to the internet. Problem seems to be related to the Deco Ethernet ports. They loss sync and do not recover.

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro ethernet ports stuck and do not recover
2023-05-16 06:12:12

@FranGuz 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I think you could connect another Ethernet port on Deco XE75 Pro to the FO modem or change a different Deco as the main Deco to test whether the disconnection was due to a broken Ethernet port: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

By the way, how long have you had this issue?

Wait for your reply.

Options
2023-05-16 20:23:44

@David-TP : I do interchange the Ethernet ports and still the Deco Pro unit does not recover. The only action that works is to disconnect the XE75 Pro unit entirely from power and ethernet cables, leave it for 3 to 5 minutes and connect it back again (but I cannot continue doing this every morning). You're right the other XE75 unit I have (which is not a Pro one) is more stable. It looks it has to do with the 2.5GB port the Pro unit has. I suspect it has to do with loss of sync when ethernet traffic is minimal or zero because the unit appears blocked every morning. Its Led is in red when that happens. I mean it does not happen during the day when traffic is high and I work from home. Any Ideas? A firmware update may be?

Thanks for your assistance

Options
2023-05-19 07:58:46

@FranGuz Hi, sorry for the delay. I happen to notice that you also started a support ticket with us. Since what you suspected sounds reasonable, I would like to follow up on your case via email to see if we could dig out more. 

By the way, When I checked your TP-link ID, I noticed the Deco XE75 pro is back online as the main Deco. So did the same issue start again?

If yes, can I have some screenshots of the IPV4 settings under Deco APP>More>Internet connection when XE75 pro turned red again?

(Please make sure the smartphone is reconnected to the Wi-Fi if you can not find Deco XE75 pro on the APP.)

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 525

Replies: 3

Related Articles