Deco X73-DSL - Web Interface / App Interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 03:55:59
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20230209 Rel. 77189

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just got my first D-Link Router + Mesh System 3 x (x20 3.0)

Had a few issues with it connecting to the internet to start with, but that seemed to have fixed itself (just think it took ages to sync with provider, weirdly had a connection speed but wouldn't authenticate (DHCP) then out of the blue just did - couldn't find any errors or anything.

The APP - Not really a fan of using apps, can't find too much in there? Or any advanced settings? Can I set Encrypted DNS?

The Web Portal ? Am I missing something or going to the wrong address? Whats the point of the advance tab? Theres nothing advanced there?

Sometimes I notice a Deco is connected to a Weak signal, rather than another one closer that has Stronger signal? But I can't make it select which one to connect too

Also notice that some of my wifi lights, which are literally 1m from the main router, 2 of them connect to a Deco in the bedroom, where the signal is Fair instead of Strong?

For a $400 modem/router ... its got less options than a basic router ISP's supply?

Just moved from a NetGear NightHawk so I could have all the same/mesh setup

Just as someone that's used to having multiple access / routes on their home network feels like I'm losing control - and everything needs to be accessed via a cloud/tp-link servers

How do I turn HomeShield off? I just want my home network to be MY home network

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X73-DSL - Web Interface / App Interface
2023-05-18 03:21:49

@RichieAU 

Hi,  welcome to the community.

May I know who is your DSL service provider?

The Deco Mesh system is expected to be a network with a simple setup and easy control. So some users might find it short of self-customization compared with a standard router. Gradually in the firmware upgrade, different kinds of advanced features have been brought to Deco, such as manual signal source selection and VPN. The Encrypted DNS is still under evaluation and hasn't been a clear roadmap.

Deco does have a web interface and I believe you have used the correct address-192.168.68.1 or http://tplinkdeco.net. But due to the larger scale use of mobile phones, we mainly focus on the APP UI optimization, so the web interface features are quite limited.

The HomeShield is a built-in security system and it could not be removed. This service would not be activated if you had no plan to configure Parental Control/QOS/Security Scan, or other HomeShield-related features.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1

Related Articles