Port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port forwarding
Port forwarding
2023-05-17 21:10:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, the issue I am having is with port forwarding and it simply not working. our setup is a Sky router and I assume that is then connected to the Deco mesh network. I have tried both setting up the ports on the Sky router and the mobile app but still not working. any help is appriciated

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding
2023-05-17 21:36:33

@PirateJake2000 

Hey

If you are using both the Sky router and the Deco (in router mode) then you have what is known as a double NAT scenario and will therefore require two port forwards enabled.

Lets say you are looking to forward TCP on Port 12345 to a PS5 connected with IP Address 192.168.68.123

On the Sky router, enable port forwarding for TCP on Port 12345 to the Deco Router (not the PS5)

On the Deco Router, then forward port 12345 to the PS5

Basically you need to send it to the Deco first, then on to the PS5 or whatever you are after

Hope that helps!

Options
2023-05-19 18:30:44

@Philbert, Thank you for the response could you please explain in more detail as I am still unable to open the ports I would like ( 25564 - 25566).

I have tried forwarding the Sky router to the Deco then using the app to forward those ports to my server pc but failed to get anywhere

Options
2023-05-19 20:59:04

@PirateJake2000 

To be perfectly honest, i would really need more details from you.   What is the service you are trying to forward and is it UDP / TCP or both?    Im guessing its Minecraft given the ports?  :)

If you can post screenshots of your sky and deco port forwards it would help greatly.    Have you also configured the firewall on the Server PC to recieve the traffic on those ports?   From what you say you have done it sounds like the forwards are in place, however without seeing your config i cant be sure of that.

Sadly i dont have a sky router here to work on so just doing this from a screenshot online.   Go to SECURITY   SERVICES  and create a new service

Name it whatever you feel and type choose TCP and UDP (Both) unless you know specifically its one or other.   Start port 25564  end 25566

Now go to security, firewall rules

Under Outbound Services, click ADD

Choose the service you created earlier as the source, set the LAN and WAN users as ANY.. 

Save

Go to Inbound Services.  Choose the ADD button

Select the service you created earlier

ALLOW ALWAYS

Server to send to..  add 192.168.68.1    or whatever your Deco Master is (its usually that)

Save

That should be you done on the sky router.

Under Deco app go to MORE   ADVANCED     NAT FORWARDING      PORT FORWARDING and click add rule

Service just leave as custom

internal ip add your server address

ports setup as needed

That should be you then.  

Just make sure you server pc firewall isnt blocking

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 3

Related Articles