Deco randomly maybe turn off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-19 14:43:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just bought my Deco X20, just a single unit in order to expand and add Wifi 6 for a room. However, recently, I cannot connect to the unit, and I realised that the light is totally unlit.

Yes, it's powered on. I decided to turn off the power, waited and turned on again, the indicator light remains unlit.

I decided to do the same thing, however, I decided to wait for five minutes, and once turned on, it booted straight to yellow, red and green.

However, it occurred again, and this time, it won't even turn on.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco randomly maybe turn off?
2023-05-22 05:52:57

@Alfa-Lutfi95 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. change a different power socket.

2. hold the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s to see whether there is any response.

If it was still the same, please refer to this link to see whether Deco X20 could get into firmware recovery mode:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-23 14:58:00 - last edited 2023-05-23 14:58:23

@David-TP

1. I have changed to a different power socket, even using an extension from another room. Still nothing.

2. I'm new to this, however, it appears that nothing has happened.

My firmware shows it's 1.5.1

Firmware Firmware

So far, nothing has happen yet, but I will post if something happens again.

Options
2023-05-24 12:09:19

@David-TP Unfortunately, my Deco X20 randomly turn off. I thought it was simply an 'auto-sleep' feature, since it may not have any devices connected at that time.

However, having multiple device connected, it still randomly turn off. I'm not sure this could be related to firmware issue, since I've purchased, it received no firmware update, as it's considered that my device has the latest firmware.

Options
2023-05-25 09:33:39

@Alfa-Lutfi95 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

Deco X20 does not have auto-sleep feature and its behavior is still unexpected.

If we run a firmware recovery on Deco X20, it is quite like to flash the same firmware-1.5.1 again on X20.

Since I haven't seen a similar feedback before, if firmware recovery did not work, I tend to think it might be a hardware issue and you might need to contact the local support office to check for warranty service.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-28 08:39:12

@David-TP After painstakingly trying to connect the device, I have managed to reflash the firmware.

While the firmware wiped the settings, and I have to configured it again, the device continues to power down for no reason, even with two phones connected to it.

I believe this is a hardware issue and I'll bring it to my local warranty redist to have a replacement

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 333

Replies: 5

Related Articles