Archer C80 EasyMesh issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-19 20:18:40 - last edited 2023-05-19 20:44:48
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 (latest)

Hello,

I have the Archer C80 router.

When I go into the EasyMesh menu, and I try to switch it from Main router to Satellite route, it warns me that the router will reset, and that the webpage won't be accessible anymore, and that I should reset the router (from the button) if I want to get it back to how it was before.

I do that, and it says that it's switching to Satellite mode.

However, it seems that the router resets and that's all. After this reset I can see the two WiFi networks (the 2.4 and 5 GHz ones), I can connect to them using the password on the router's bottom, and it gets me to the setup guide. If I complete it or if I quit out of it, and then I go to EasyMesh, the router is still in the Main router mode.

After noticing this, I tried factory resetting it from the webpage, as well as from the router's reset button, then trying the EasyMesh switching to Satellite mode again, but the same behavior happens.

I am not sure what to do about this. Is this something that happens for others too?

Also, while the Archer C80 would be in Satellite mode, would I be able to use it with the OneMesh option from an Archer AX72? I understand that the AX72 should also receive the EasyMesh update in the future, but what until then?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C80 EasyMesh issue-Solution
2023-05-19 20:38:35 - last edited 2023-05-19 20:44:48

@Moderat 

Hi,

As long as the Archer AX72 doesn't support EasyMesh you can't use it to build a Mesh network with another router.
OneMesh only supports adding certain TP-Link range extenders and Powerline adapters as Satellite devices.

The behavior of the Archer C80 is normal. After you've factory-reset it (or "switched mode") just leave it alone and go to the EasyMesh-capable Main router's configuration screen and click "Add Satellite Devices". It will find the Archer C80 and automatically configure it as a Satellite device. From that moment on you will not be able to access that Satellite router as a standalone device anymore. If you want to repurpose it again, then you have to do a Factory Reset on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C80 EasyMesh issue-Solution
2023-05-19 20:38:35 - last edited 2023-05-19 20:44:48

@Moderat 

Hi,

As long as the Archer AX72 doesn't support EasyMesh you can't use it to build a Mesh network with another router.
OneMesh only supports adding certain TP-Link range extenders and Powerline adapters as Satellite devices.

The behavior of the Archer C80 is normal. After you've factory-reset it (or "switched mode") just leave it alone and go to the EasyMesh-capable Main router's configuration screen and click "Add Satellite Devices". It will find the Archer C80 and automatically configure it as a Satellite device. From that moment on you will not be able to access that Satellite router as a standalone device anymore. If you want to repurpose it again, then you have to do a Factory Reset on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C80 EasyMesh issue
2023-05-19 20:44:24
Ok, I understand the thing about AX72. The C80 not being accessible straight away, and still showing "Main router" mode in the settings is a bit misleading/counterintuitive. I will wait for the AX72 update with EasyMesh and I'll report back if the C80 will work as intended or not. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 2

Related Articles