How to change 2.4 Ghz Network channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 13:52:44
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel. 75384

My IOT devices are all on 2.4 Ghz, and somehow last week Deco switched to channel 2 although that channel is not good.

- Network optimization tools on Deco app will say channel 2 is perfect :(

- Interestingly enough the deco lab - wifi assistance - wifi interference tools result will say channel 2 is on high interference level.

I have disabled and enabled back 2.4 Ghz, rebooted all the decos, but it is still using channel 2.

Is there anyway I can force it to change the channel? all my IOTs (camera) are affected, live feed from camera are not working or have a very poor quality due to the wireless channel issue.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to change 2.4 Ghz Network channel
2023-05-23 03:22:17

@Nekro 

Hi, Deco does not support changing wireless channels yet.

May I know the model number of the IOT cameras? And How much internet bandwidth you have subscribed from the ISP?

And could you please tell me why you tend to think the poor live feed quality is due to the wireless channels?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off "Mesh Technology" for cameras on the Deco APP.

2. set cameras as "High priority"

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:How to change 2.4 Ghz Network channel
2023-05-24 14:45:42

@David-TP Thank you for your response.

I am using Ezviz BC1C and am using 100 Mbps internet line.

I suspect it is due to the channel, because I know it was not on channel 2 previously and was working fine for months.

I just notice it last week when I have some difficulties accessing my camera feed and check that is now running on channel 2.

If I connect my mobile phone to the same deco where my cam connected, it is also having similar problem. no issues on 5 Ghz only for 2.4 Ghz

I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it was not helping.

- Any workaround to make deco think channel 2 is not good?

- I have 3 decos on my network, does the network optimization will check the best channel based on main deco or from all decos?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 2

Related Articles