LAN Packet Loss, Wireless is fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 10:23:05
Tags: #LAN Packet loss
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.4.0 0.9.1 v007e.0 Build 200624 Beta.68588n

I purchased this model modem back in 2020 however i was getting extreme packet loss on LAN, ran through all the standard troubleshooting (cables, firmware, reset, connected to different RCD power circuit, different computer) Wireless worked a treat, no problems at all, i took the modem back to the store i purchased it from and swapped it under warranty however the new modem had the same problem too 

i opted to just hold onto it as a test modem for ISP's to satiate their hunger for faulty modems however recently I've started using it again in a new house with an entirely new PC that wasn't imaged from the old OS and has limited software installed on it as is. 

Wondering if this problem has been encountered before and if know of a fix?

Options
2 Reply
Re:LAN Packet Loss, Wireless is fine
2023-05-26 05:58:07

@Robdoggggg 

Hi, please ping the LAN IP address of the VR600 and also an Internet IP address such as 8.8.8.8 at the same time on a wired computer, is there ping packet loss for both pings?

Options
Re:LAN Packet Loss, Wireless is fine
2023-05-26 06:01:53

Hey  @Sunshine 

I confirmed that the packet loss is ONLY on a LAN connection, i have tested different computers, cables and connected the modem in different houses however the problem persists 

Wondering if since i swapped it under warranty whether it would be a faulty batch of devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 2

Tags

LAN Packet loss
Related Articles