Archer AX72 (EU) & EasyMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-26 18:43:36 - last edited 2023-05-26 18:46:13
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20220520 rel.75663(4555)

Hello,

How sure is TP-Link that AX72 is gonna receive the EasyMesh update? I see that the last firmware update for this model was in June 2022, which is pretty far back.

I bought this router because of this function. I don't want to keep it only to realise months later that this router is actually not gonna get the update, as I have the option to send it back.

Thanks, and I would appreciate an answer from the TP-Link team please. I know that the general consesus is that at any time you can decide not to update the router, but maybe there is some info about this particular model that could make me keep the router. I really like how it works, but if EasyMesh is not gonna be on the table, then I will return it.

Edit: it's surprising that a router at this price and with its capabilities didn't get an update yet, but something like the Archer C80, AX55, etc. got updates already (even if they're only beta in some cases)...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 (EU) & EasyMesh
2023-05-27 22:36:41

@Moderat 

A year has passed and still no software improvements. You are the Leaders of doing nothing and being lazy, but you don't forget to get paid for the nothing you have done. You continue to sell the Garbage to the whole world and only for China do these: https://www.tp-link.com.cn/product_list_wirelessrouter.html?source=index You have no Shame and Respect for your Customers from all over the world. With your ridiculous dual-core Qualcomm processors. All your work: Archer AX72(EU)_V1_211124 Archer AX72(EU)_V1_220428 Archer AX72(EU)_V1_1.1.2 Build 20220520

Apparently the conclusion I made is that your company is deliberately leaving secret loopholes for several hacker groups to provide seamless access for attacks worldwide. Your deliberate inaction and not making a new firmware only supports the facts that you support "Mustang Panda" for use for DDoS attacks and crypto-mining! The only way to disprove me is to start working on security and troubleshooting right away! Instead of deleting my comments you will only make me more ambitious to refuse to use any of your products and start convincing with Facts many people in the world in many ways where you cannot impose your communist censorship. There is no way to advertise yourself as the Number 1 Company in the World anymore! If The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said TP-Link an unacceptable risk to U.S. national security. It's going to be a lot of fun, don't you think?

Options
2023-05-30 02:07:56

@Moderat   @BackTrack5R3 

Hello, thank you for posting on TP-Link Community!
AX72 is marked as Planned in the TP-Link EasyMesh Devices, but there is no expected date yet for Archer AX72 V1 new firmware release, it is recommended to check regularly if there is any new firmware available on the Web GUI or the official website.

@BackTrack5R3 We deleted your last post because your comments did not comply with the TP-Link Community Forum Guidelines. And if there is any product issue with your TP-Link product, please provide details about the issue and related information only instead of posting offensive contents.

Please note that posting on the community must abide by the TP-Link Community Forum Guidelines. And violation of the TP-Link Community Forum Guidelines multiple times may result in the account being banned.

TP-Link Community Forum Guidelines

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated!

Options
2023-05-30 05:26:50

@Sunshine thanks, but a release date was not my question.

I guess it's time to send back the AX72 WiFi 6 router and get the Archer C80 WiFi 5 one, which is cheaper but has more software updates as well as the EasyMesh function.

I had a good opinion about TP-Link  but seeing this kind of stuff is disappointing.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 3

Related Articles