Can't play game "overwatch" using deco router.

2023-05-28 17:19:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

Hello! I have had a problem connecting to the game overwatch through my deco router. I get an error that says "lost connection to game server". However i can play the game if i use an ethernet cable that doesn't go through the router and just goes straight through the fiber. I have tried most things that others have recommended and this is my last resort to try to fix the problem. Its almost as if deco is blocking overwatchs connection. Help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't play game "overwatch" using deco router.
2023-05-29 11:17:40

@Carl1971 

Hi, welcome to the community.

here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please refer to this link to change WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1 on the Deco:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

2. Please clone the MAC address of the laptop on the Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco

3. Enable UPNP under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT forwarding.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-13 21:57:31

@Carl1971 

Hello! It seems you're experiencing connectivity issues with Overwatch when using your Deco router. Since you're able to play the game when directly connected to fiber without the router, it's possible that the Deco settings are causing the problem. To troubleshoot, try the following:

1. Check Firewall Settings: Make sure that the Deco router's firewall settings are not blocking Overwatch's connection. You may need to allow the necessary ports or create a specific rule for the game.
  2. Enable UPnP: Enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in your Deco router settings. This feature helps devices establish connections more easily.
  3. Update Firmware: Check if there's a firmware update available for your Deco M9 Plus router. Updating to the latest firmware version can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
  4. Contact Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Deco support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance or escalate the issue if necessary.

Hope this helps resolve the problem and gets you back into the Game smoothly!

Options
2023-11-03 06:03:48
  1. Port Forwarding: Ensure that the necessary ports for Overwatch are open on your Deco router. Overwatch uses specific ports for its network connections. You can find a list of these ports on Blizzard's support website. Access your router's settings and configure port forwarding for the required ports.

2. Quality of Service (QoS): Check your Deco router's Quality of Service settings. Prioritize gaming traffic to ensure a smoother connection for Overwatch. This can help reduce latency and packet loss.

3. Firmware Update: Make sure your Deco router's firmware is up-to-date. Outdated firmware can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Update to the latest firmware version available on the manufacturer's website.

4. Firewall Settings: Review your router's firewall settings. Ensure that Overwatch is allowed through the firewall and isn't being blocked. You may need to create custom rules in the router settings to permit the game's traffic.

5. DNS Settings: Consider changing your DNS settings to use a more reliable DNS server like Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1). Sometimes, using a different DNS server can improve connectivity.

6. Wired vs. Wireless: If using an Ethernet cable directly to the fiber works, it might indicate a wireless issue. Make sure your Deco router's Wi-Fi settings are optimized, and your wireless connection is strong and stable.

7. Contact Deco Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Deco's customer support. They can provide specific guidance and may be aware of any router-specific issues with Overwatch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 309

Replies: 3

Related Articles