Satellite Deco x95 turns solid read after working for a long time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 18:41:44 - last edited 2023-06-29 02:38:46
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230303 Rel. 63468

I have my network built with 4 Deco x95 units. The main unit is connected to my router modem from Rogers. I have one deco unit x95 wired to the other using the 2.5gb port. The other 2 are connected using wireless.

They are one floor apart from each other, but if I turn off the satellite, I still get a strong signal from the main unit (around 75%).

However, one of the units connected wirelessly was randomly getting blinking red light after working fine for a while. I did try to reboot the main unit and then plug the satellite again, which fixed the problem for a day, and the next day (sometimes on the same day), it started to blink red again.

Now, I am getting a solid red after 4 days without the blinking red light. It doesn't matter how often I reboot the main unit or the satellite or even run the network optimization, and I keep getting a solid red light.

Routers are only one month old.

Any ideas how to get it fixed for good or do I need to send it to repair?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Satellite Deco x95 turns solid read after working for a long time-Solution
2023-06-28 19:09:58 - last edited 2023-06-29 02:38:46

@David-TP Sorry for the delay

Restarting (remove from power and turning on again after some time) was coming back the red light. Moving to a different place also didn't solve the issue

Doing a hard reset solved the problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Satellite Deco x95 turns solid read after working for a long time
2023-05-31 08:34:11

@PauloAndrade 

Hi, welcome to the community.

For the satellite Deco with solid red LED, when you restart this unit, is there any change on the LED light or it went red directly after powering up?

Could you please reset this X95 once(hold the reset pinhole only for 1s), then swap the location with another satellite X95 to see whether the disconnection always follows this unit?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Satellite Deco x95 turns solid read after working for a long time-Solution
2023-06-28 19:09:58 - last edited 2023-06-29 02:38:46

@David-TP Sorry for the delay

Restarting (remove from power and turning on again after some time) was coming back the red light. Moving to a different place also didn't solve the issue

Doing a hard reset solved the problem. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 2

Tags

Troubleshooting
Related Articles