Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
111 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul
2023-08-02 20:09:25 - last edited 2023-08-02 21:12:53

Interestingly since I reset it's stopped accurately reporting throughput ... I'm streaming a video from my server at 16MB/s but the deco is not reporting anywhere near that up or down from the server, through the main deco it's connected or the streaming box 🤔

Edit: it's because I moved the server from wired directly to the main deco via cat6 cable to connected via a Homeplug. Both the server and streamer are connected to the main deco now via homeplugs - they must interfere with data reporting

Options
2023-08-02 20:27:34
It's back again 🤣 I don't understand this at all. I'm just gonna forget about it, as long I can get internet where I need it, that's all that matters.
Options
2023-08-02 20:40:34 - last edited 2023-08-02 21:02:05

Update: I've since lost powerline connection also. The bug is still with us by the looks, the fix lasted less than a full 24 hour period.

Getting a lot of "daemon.err bandwidth_contr: get mode: 11AHE160", "daemon.err bandwidth_contr: Sending TIPC data. Total 20 bytes.", "daemon.err nrd[1653]: ar_config_set_thres[line 28]: Null thres!" in the logs too not sure if it's related.

Options
2023-08-03 09:21:37

Update: Had my support session early this morning and they were able to verify that the PLC backhaul was indeed working by manually disabling the main deco's WiFi completely. I'm fortunate that even after multiple resets and firmware changes the PLC is still going - they are aware that others here have reverted back to WiFi backhaul only but they couldn't explain why.

Options
2023-08-03 09:46:03

So I'm at the stage now where PLC is kicking in and then going again, which is giving me a really unstable connection it seems - really annoying when trying to hold a MS Teams call.

Getting to the point where I regret "fixing" it, and wish there was a way to turn PLC off. ☹️

Options
2023-08-03 09:50:09

@Chuckoir 

You can request a support call and they can manually disable it for you. Unfortunately you will lose this upon any further firmware updates so hopefully they will add a new feature in the app to allow enabling/disabling of the WiFi/PLC soon, I know a number of us have requested it already.

Options
2023-08-03 09:57:04
Okay thanks - I'll wait it out then and try a couple other things as well to see if I can get it to be more stable.
Options
2023-08-03 10:47:48

I watched the PLC symbol disappear and reappear a few times last night it's back on now but I don't have confidence that it will stay. One slave deco went offline at one point (the garage) according to the app although I wasn't able to get out there in time to see if there was a red light. Support have offered to do a remote support session again.

I wonder if they are overheating as they get pretty warm, maybe something needs a good heatsink internally.

Options
2023-08-03 12:12:25

@TheInfamousMrD I have the same problem im my house, i need the PLC function permantely to keep my WIFI Mesh running. But its jumps on and off - never really stable. Is there any update for this problem? Did it help to switch off manually the WIFI function from the main deco? 

Options
2023-08-03 19:21:27

I've been running the PX50's on PLC for the last couple of days and not noticed any drop outs.
I've been running on 1.0.3 firmware and the house isn't new and the cabling is on different ages depending on where the units are plugged in.
Also the main bedroom unit is plugged into an 4 plug extension so not ideal but it has been stable.

Options