Wired backaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired backaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wired backaul
Wired backaul
2023-06-02 09:48:31 - last edited 2023-06-05 09:44:11

Hello, I am planing to bay a deco mesh systems and I have some question regarding that.
I am considering 2 variant: X50 or X55, could you give me information regarding cons and pros, because a I didn't found differences.
I have available 2 routers AX10 and Archer C7. I planing to use only one of them. I will turn off Wi-Fi of router and will use only Deco WiFi, because I want to have only one Wi-Fi network.I not sure the mesh systems of router will work together with Deco? Which router to keep and why?
I planing to setup the home network in that way:
modem > Router > cable to any DECO. I want to have cable Ethernet backhaul, but it not possible to have cable between Deco units. I only can connect Router to every Deco by wire in the different rooms.
Is it possible to manage in this way network, because i didn't found pictures of that way connection? I only found that, the deco should work in AP mode.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired backaul
2023-06-05 09:53:59

@Pilyov 

Hi, 

For Archer AX20 or C7, since their wifi will be turned off, I would suggest looking at their web UI emulators to compare their advanced features to see which one is more suitable.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/emulator/

Deco X50 and Deco X55 are sold via different channels. The case color is different-white/black but software features are almost the same. you could have either of them. Deco X20 would be on a lower wifi standard.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/compare/?typeId=5700&productIds=52557%2C52192%2C58736

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Wired backaul
2023-11-28 12:07:29

@Pilyov 

Hello, Can I organize connection in that way (as on picture) or all Decos should manage as Access Point?

The problem is that the distance between all decos is to large to have stabile wi-fi backhaul.

If I manage my network as an pictures, are decos have wired backhaul or not?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 2

Related Articles