Force other user's disconnect from printer when using USB Printer Controller Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Force other user's disconnect from printer when using USB Printer Controller Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-02 10:49:46
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I am using the router TP-LINK Archer C7 v5 to connect the laptops to a printer.

My problem is that, when laptop A connect to printer, then laptop B cannot connect to printer (it can connect to scanner function, though). If laptop A's user doesn't disconnect (turn off USB Printer Controller Utility), is there a solution for user of laptop B to do printing function?

Thank you in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Force other user's disconnect from printer when using USB Printer Controller Utility
2023-06-05 03:12:00

@luvky123 

Hello, thanks for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Is your printer connected to the router via USB cable? Does the printer have Ethernet port or Wireless connection feature? If so, it is recommended to connect via Ethernet cable or via Wi-Fi

2. Currently, if you would like to print on laptop B, you have to turn off the USB printer controller on the laptop A, right?

3. Please check if the settings are correct by referring to the following instruction, if problem still exists, please let us know the error message or screenshot when you connect laptop B to the printer.

How to use Printer Sharing on the Wi-Fi Routers

4. What is the firmware version of your Archer C7 V5?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Force other user's disconnect from printer when using USB Printer Controller Utility
2023-06-07 02:06:57

@Sunshine 

Good day, thank you for your reply. Please consider the information according to your suggesting questions:

1. The printer connects to the router via USB cable from Ethernet port. (printer Brother DCP-L2520D).

2. Yes, in order to print on laptop B, I need the person on laptop A to turn off the USB printer controller (but they may forget, or absent to do that, and I can not send request-to-print to him/her).

3. I have followed the guide successfully. I can print on laptop B when the software on laptop A is off.

4. The firmware version is 1.0.4 Build 20180425 rel.72768(4555).

Overall, I need to print on laptop B when the person on laptop B forget to close the USB printer controller and I can not send any request to them (via the controller or in the office - we do not know who is connecting).

I am looking forward to your continue support. Thanks a lot!

Options