iMac and iPhone lose connection to wifi every other day, password entry needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-04 09:29:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1. Build 20230403 Rel. 70058

The Deco M9 has been working flawlessly for years. Lately though, for some reason, my iPhone and home iMac disconnect from the WiFi. Usually means that I'm on 5G for some hours on my phone before I notice. Both on mac and phone, I then need to select the network and enter the password, and then all is well again. So both device seem to lose their password. My other family members don't have this problem.

Any thoughts? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:iMac and iPhone lose connection to wifi every other day, password entry needed
2023-06-06 11:48:52

@johnko020 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Were the iPhone and iMac the only devices that have this issue?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Reset the network settings on the iPhone once.

2. Turn off "private address" on iPhone.

3. Reserve the current IP address on the Deco APP for iPhone after it is connected to wifi.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:iMac and iPhone lose connection to wifi every other day, password entry needed
2023-06-06 11:59:14 - last edited 2023-06-06 12:23:48

@David-TP 

Hi David, thx for your feedback and tips, will try. Any thoughts for the iMac that experience the same issue?

Btw, the thing that (at least) sets the 2 devices apart from all the others is that they have Adguard installed (DNS, not VPN). Could that be related?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 2

Related Articles