Topology with EAP225 + ER605 only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-05 10:05:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I'm kinda noob on network subject, so I'm sorry in advance for any crazy thing that I may ask.

Also, this is a home project, so I have a small budget.

I'm trying to create this network at home and my goal here is to:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create 4 VLANS:

* A secure network for my personal devices     -> 192.168.42.1/24     (vLAN id 1)

* A guest network for my guests                        ->  192.168.10.1/24    (vLAN id 10)

* A VPN network targeting on another country  ->  192.168.55.1/24    (vLAN id 55)

(for streaming abroad purposes)             

* A IoT network for my IoT devices                    ->  192.168.107.1/24  (vLAN id 107)

Associate 4 SSIDs foreach of the VLANS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started the journey buying a ER605 router and I've installed the Omada Controller Software on Ubuntu.

I've configured the 4 vLANs. As long as the default vLAN was already there (and I can't delete it) I've used it for the secure network (vLAN id 1).

The problem here is that I'm not able to remove the ports that are associated to this default vLAN. I've read that I'm not able to do it without an switch managed.

Then, even if I set the others vLANs to their correct port on the ER605, I always get the IP from vLAN 1 (192.168.42.XX).

With that being said, I'm wondering if I can:

* stop using the Omada Controller Software

* buy an access point (EAP225)

* define my vLANs on the interface of the ER605 itself

* bind the 4 SSIDs wireless of EAP225 on the vLANs created at the router

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Topology with EAP225 + ER605 only
2023-06-06 06:09:27

@mainscreen 

Hi, I think it can be achieved, the ER605 latest firmware has been added to be able to modify to port PVID in Controller mode.

Check if your ER605 is the latest firmware version.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Topology with EAP225 + ER605 only
2023-06-08 02:35:12

Hello @mainscreen

If you would like to use ER605 + EAP only to achieve the multi-nets network, you may refer to these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Wired Network > LAN, set 4 VLAN interfaces and choose the corresponding ports for them, set different VLAN IDs.

2. Got to Device List, choose the ER605 device, you will see a Details window pops up, Click on Ports, choose the corresponding PVID for the ports.

3. After adopting the Omada EAP, you may go to Settings > Wireless Networks > WLAN, enable VLAN for the different SSIDs.

Now you will see the different clients connecting to the different SSIDs wiil be in the different VLANs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 2

Related Articles