AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help
AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help
2023-06-05 15:25:01
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need some help with my Routers DHCP, I have all connected devices setup with a static IP address. I have two issues

I recently replaced a PC so I went into that pre assinged address and changed the mac address however the new PC refuses to take that address and just a new number. I have done the Release and Renew bit in command prompt however no joy. Even deleting the record on the DHCP list it refuses that number.

Secondly is there a way to sort the list in the DHCP IP addresses as its a complete mess and part of my OCD I like everything in the correct order.

Thanks guys and gals any help would be great.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help
2023-06-06 06:39:11

@KRIS537 

Hi, thanks for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When you say static IP, you mean you've reserved static IP addresses for each client devices on the router, right? instead of configuring static IP address on the client devices

2. Only the new PC doesn't obtain correct IP address reserved for it, all other client devices obtain correct IP address?

3. For the new PC, is it connected via Ethernet cable to the router directly? or connected wirelessly? Please check the PC MAC address on the DHCP Client list and also Address Reservation list to see MAC address is the same. Please share with the screenshots as well.

4. Please disable random MAC address if it is enabled on the new PC.

In addition, for the order of DHCP Client list, it doesn't support to change the order manually. The default order might be based on the lease time.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 DHCP Help
2023-06-09 14:20:27
New PC refuses to take static IP address
Options