Deco keeps losing internet connectivity at random times (DHCPv6 PD)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-07 13:18:03 - last edited 2023-06-07 13:22:31
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230327 Rel. 54700

Hi

I originally was using a setup consisting of two Deco M5 devices to run the internet for my home. Main Deco M5 was connected directly to the BT ONT via Ethernet. I am using Sky Broadband so I had to enable DHCPv6 PD to get the Deco to be able to authenticate and get an IP address assigned from Sky.

This was fine for a couple months and then I started having an issue where the internet would disconnect randomly. It would not fix itself. Unplugging the ethernet from the main Deco and plugging it back in would turn the LED back to green almost immediately.

Thinking my M5s may be playing up after many years of use, I upgraded to a system containing 2x XE75s and 1x M5. Setup is now:

BT ONT - XE75 (Main) - 1x XE75 Satellite and 1x M5 Satellite

I thought this would resolve the problem but the issue persists. It wasn't originally happening very often and after installing the new XE75s, the issue was not present for a couple of weeks. I'm now being disconnected multiple times per day.

I've had a look at the logs but not sure the reason it is disconnecting. It's making me want to return the Deco system and try using something else which sucks as I really like the Deco system. 

My guess is it is having issues with IPv6 lease expiring or something similar, but why is it failing to renew? Unplugging and plugging back in the Ethernet on the Deco (connected to the ONT) resolves the issue within 10-15 seconds. Very annoying to have to keep doing this multiple times per day! I'm on the latest firmware for all Deco devices and network settings are basic (dynamic IP for IPv4/IPv6, IPv6 configured with dynamic, prefix delegation and stateless)

Please see full logs below showing the time between the ONLINE -> OFFLINE message and OFFLINE -> ONLINE. Search the below for "OFFLINE" to find the logs. Appreciate any help on this as I'm really stuck.

EDIT:

Couldn't post logs due to "Content or title contains illegal external links". Please see logs here: pastebin [dot] com/0kgcTn6k

If there is a better way to provide the logs please advise.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco keeps losing internet connectivity at random times (DHCPv6 PD)
2023-06-08 02:27:17

@TrackedPackage 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I happen to see you have been to the live chat and a support ticket has been created for your current issue.

Later the case will be forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance. Could you please help reply to the email with the following details as well:

1. Can I have some pictures of the IPV4/IPV6 settings on the Deco APP when the main Deco XE75 turned red again?

2. Are you able to connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to the BT ONT to see whether the PC could still get internet from both IPV4 and IPV6 connections?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 301

Replies: 1