Deco connection to PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco connection to PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco connection to PS4
Deco connection to PS4
2023-06-08 08:36:32
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

a few months ago the ps4 stopped connecting to the internet through our P9 mesh by either wireless or ethernet. It will connect via hot spot to my phone and I have downloaded the latest PS4 system updates and installed.

I have moved the ps4 next to our main deco unit and it won't there connect either. It will find the network and obtain an IP address but it can't connect to the internet and the NAT Type shows as an error.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco connection to PS4
2023-06-09 06:36:52

@1ee 

Hi, Please try to change Deco into Access Point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

And have you tried to unplug the main Deco P9, and connect PS4 via Ethernet cable to the ISP modem router before to see whether PS4 is able to get the internet connection?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco connection to PS4
2023-06-27 09:10:37

@David-TP It has taken a while but I have installed a new router and changed my deco to AP mode, it now works both on wi-fi direct to new router and via Deco AP. 

It is a firewall setting with the Deco that was stopping it? I may need to remove the new router and go back to using Deco so need to get it fixed properly.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 288

Replies: 2

Related Articles