"Guest WiFi" only works on Main Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-09 08:53:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 66598
Good morning, I have 5 Deco M9 Plus, one of which is the "main", and is connected to the router and also to a switch. The other 4 Deco are "satellite" and also connect all to the switch.
For 3 years everything works fine. I tried for the 1st time to activate the "WiFi guest" network. The switch is a TP-Link TL-SG108E, and I configured vlan 591 on the switch interfaces, where the Deco are connected. These are the 1st 5 switch interfaces. I made the settings according to the link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2317/

I can access the "Guest WiFi" network only through the main Deco. Through the satellite Deco, I cannot access the guest WiFi network.

I've already tried disabling the 5GHz network. And I also changed the configuration of the various types of security, but I can't access the guest network through the other 4 Deco.
Any idea ?
Thanks
antonio

The Deco are linked as follows:

And the configuration on the switch is this:

Options
2 Reply
Re:"Guest WiFi" only works on Main Deco
2023-06-12 03:12:58

@AMFD 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When you said "can't not access guest network", do you mean the mobile devices unable to connect to guest network? Would there be any error message, like "fail to obtain IP address"?

Could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Temporarily disable 802.11Q VLAN tags to see whether the guest network works on all Deco units.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:"Guest WiFi" only works on Main Deco
2023-06-12 07:44:31 - last edited 2023-06-12 07:48:44

Hi David, good morning,

Thank you very much, for your repply.

Correct, the devices are unable to connect to WiFi guest network.

But as i mentioned, the devices can connect to the WiFi guest network, through the main Deco. They just can't do it in the other 4 Deco, which "Satellite Decos".

Yes, i've disabled the Vlan Tags, and didn't work. I also stopped being able to connecto to the main Deco.

It must be something on the Switch.

Below are some print screens:

Here are the Deco configs:

Options