Archer VR400 Port forwarding doesn't appear to be working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-09 19:10:55
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I was trying to set up the router to forward a couple ports I need for gaming. I went into the virtual services, set up the external port, internal, IP, etc got the server started, and nothing. It doesn't seem to be working at all. Server is started, I know it works because I can connect to it locally. I've gone into my firewall and allowed the ports that I need (7777, 27015) I've used one of those port checking websites but it's showing them as closed.

Any ideas? I really can't seem to find a good log or something that shows me whether or not it's getting through the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 Port forwarding doesn't appear to be working
2023-06-11 22:16:34 - last edited 2023-06-11 22:29:01

@crossmr 

Make sure that your public IP address (https://whatismyipaddress.com/) is the same as the VR400 WAN IP address:

If they are different you might be behind a double NAT or CG-NAT.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 1