WiFi healthy then it drops Decos off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-11 21:23:59
Tags: #Healthy DECO's dropping out
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Hi,

I've posted this subject already but it seems to have been unresolved and erased??

So can I please get an answer to this because I set this up for a client earlier this year and its worked fine until about 3-4 weeks ago and now its showing intermittent WiFi.

One minute is has all decos with good strength and great connections and then they all bar 1 or 2 drop off completely.

So the system is:

Master - X20 dsl setup as router 

Deco X20 Slaves

- Kitchen fw1.1.4

- Study fw 1.1.3

- Living room fw 1.1.4

- Attic room fw 1.1.4

Deco M9 slaves 

- Games room fw 1.6.1

- Sitting room fw 1.5.6

- Bedroom 2 fw 1.5.6

- Guest bedroom fw 1.5.6

You can see the firmware is different, I've tried updating the firmware both remotely and onsite but the result is always as above so Im not sure if the updating is happening correctly ?

Please provide some advice as we have a significant sum of hardware bought for this house and its just frustration with no real means of accessing each Deco's settings.

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi healthy then it drops Decos off
2023-06-13 12:07:12

@Zodium 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Your previous post is here:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/611354, which could also be checked under "my post" under the nickname.

Since there are about 8 satellite Decos connected to the main X20-DSL, are they all wirelessly connected to each other? Normally, for the wireless Backhaul, it is suggested to have no more than 6 Deco units in the Mesh.

How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?

Can I have a picture of the Backhaul type on each satellite Deco, like this? Would there be any network switches between Decos?

By the way, could you please leave me a message with your TP-Link ID?

How often would the satellite Deco drop out within one day?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Tags

Healthy DECO's dropping out
Related Articles