4G failover issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4G failover issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4G failover issue
4G failover issue
2023-06-18 13:44:54
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

I don't have access to broadband internet so I've to rely on 4g internet. But 4g internet is not reliable and usually requires me to turn off mobile data and then turn on from the router's internet page/section. So i decided to use another provider of 4g network and bought another 4G router and then connect these togeather in a failover scenario. But I'm facing a problem. So here are the details:

Router-1 MR6400  | in 3G/4G router mode | WiFi off | IP 192.168.0.1

Router-2 MR600 | in Wireless router mode | WiFi on | IP 192.168.1.1

Both have sims from different providers. A single LAN cable is connected from LAN port on Router-1 to WAN port on Router-2.

Now when Router-1 loses internet connection, Router-2 stops using the WAN connection and starts 3G/4G LTE interface. and goes back when Router-1's internet is back up. So far so good.

So the problems. First when the Router-1 is down and 3G/4G LTE interface is turned on in Router-2 then I have no way to login to the Router-1 to restart it (Other than switching Wifi on an connecting to that or connecting LAN cable from Router-1 to my laptop.) I want to be able to access Router-1 via Router-2 even when Router-2 is on LTE interface. Is there a way to configure these in a way that I can do this even when the WAN interface is off.

Second problem is that turning off WAN and starting LTE in the Router-2 when Router-1 internet is down, takes about 45-60 seconds. Is there a way to reduce this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:4G failover issue
2023-06-20 05:51:28

@HamxaJutt 

Hi, thank you for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When Router 2 uses LTE interface, there is no active connection between the two routers, therefore, the Router 2 client device will not be able to access the Router 1 web interface. I am afraid that there is no other way to achieve it.

2. The failover time 45-60 seconds is within a normal range, you could try to change Offline Detection from the default Single Detection to Dual Detection on Advanced->Network->Internet page, then set IPv4 Ping to monitor internet status as well, for example, set IPv4 Ping as 8.8.8.8 etc.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 1

Related Articles