Some websites don't open but some do after new installation of the router with new internet provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Some websites don't open but some do after new installation of the router with new internet provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-20 18:44:34
Model: TD-W9960v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.8.0 v00a0.0 Build 201118 Rel.63421n

Hello,

Today, I installed a new router with a new internet provider. I managed to establish a connection and can access many websites, but there are many that won't open. Even in the router settings themselves, the information seems contradictory. There is a checkmark next to the internet icon, but when I try to search for a firmware update, it says there is no internet connection. I have confirmed that both IPv4 and IPv6 are set up correctly, and I have also tested different DNS servers. Now, I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Some websites don't open but some do after new installation of the router with new internet provider
2023-06-21 12:04:58

@PillePalle667 

Hi, could you please try to disable IPv6 first to see if IPv4 internet status is connected or not and if all websites work fine when using IPv4 only?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles