Connecting TP-LINK AV600 to new modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-23 10:35:02
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I had to replace my Wifi modem and I now need to connect my TP Link AV600 to this. Any links I have looked at to do this seem to need a smaller unit also when setting it up. I don't know if I had this smaller unit when initially setting it up but I can't find it now. Can I set up the TP Link without it? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting TP-LINK AV600 to new modem
2023-06-24 18:20:25

@MaryM 

Hi,

If your TPLink AV600 was originally part of a TP-Link "Hybrid-WiFi Kit" that consisted of one Wi-Fi router/modem with built-in Powerline capability and one Powerline adapter, but now you have replaced that special Wi-Fi router with another regular Wi-Fi router, then you will indeed need another separate Powerline unit now to make it work. 

By the way, that second unit doesn't necessarily need to be "smaller" than the other one. Furthermore, the second unit is not just required for the setup, it will have to remain installed permanently.

Could you please still have a look at the underside of the original Wi-Fi modem and report back any "Model" information that is printed on the label?

Options