Same WiFi name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Same WiFi name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Same WiFi name
Same WiFi name
2023-06-24 15:55:08
Tags: #Wifi name
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

Hi all,

I experience a problem. In my home I have some smart home products from IKEA, including a hub. I also use the mesh wifi from the deco m4. One head and 2 sub points. 

Unfortunately my dad did something, idk what, which resulted that one of the sub WiFi points did not work anymore. Therefore I chose to just reinstall the whole wifi network for the Deco system. While I was doing that the application sad that my chosen WiFi name existed already. I then changed the WiFi name to "name2" for the installation process. After the installation process I changed the name back to "name". 

But the problem is that I cannot find my Ikea hub in my network anymore. The Ikea hub is connected with a cable to the official router. The head Deco is also connected with a cable to the same router. 

What can I do about this, was the Deco not resetted correctly or something else? 

Hopefully someone can help me! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Same WiFi name
2023-06-25 02:04:06

@Scorpion15 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I think you might also need to set Deco into Access Point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Best regards.

Options

Information