Deco X50-5G questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X50-5G questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X50-5G questions
Deco X50-5G questions
2023-06-27 12:37:45 - last edited 2023-06-28 08:02:26
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

To confirm from the start the device is the X50-5G but this didn't appear in the product list so chose X50-4G...

I've purchased the device but am hoping someone can help answer some questions or let me know if these issues will be addressed in upcoming firmware updates?  The device is operating in router mode.

1 - Firstly all configuration seems to have to be done via the app - will we get full configuration options via a browser such as with the Archer series of devices?

2 - Where is the firewall configuration as I can't seem to find this at all.  If it isn't visible now will this be available in the future?

3 - Is it possible to configure a VPN?  If not, will this be implemented in the future?

4 - How can I update the WAN connection DNS servers (not just client via DHCP settings)?  If this isn't possible yet will it be in the future?

5 - How can I specify the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels to use?  If this isn't possible will it be in a future update?

6 - How can I stop the guest network from turning itself off?  This is really annoying having to re-enable it each day via the app.  If it's not yet possible will it be in the future?

7 - How can I set different names for each network?  ie, with the MR200 you can have four different wifi networks utilising both frequencies on the 'core' network and guest network?  If this isn't yet possible will it be in the future?  It's a really useful feature.

8 - How can I access or enable IPv6 configuration for the LAN?

Think that's it. :)  Thanks for your responses.

AM.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G questions
2023-06-28 08:22:10

@angryminion Hi, welcome to the community. Thank you for the notification. Deco X50-5G has been added to the system.

Here is some information for your reference:

1. Like the other Deco models, APP control is still the main focus and there isn't a plan to add full configuration via the web browser.

2. The firewall settings are enabled by default within HomeShield but it does not support self-configuration.

3. VPN is not supported on the current firmware of Deco X50-5G but there is a plan to add this feature in the future.

4. The request to modify the DNS settings under WAN has been reported to the engineers but it hasn't been accepted yet.

5. It is not supported to specify the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels.

6. I think you could change the Guest network Duration to "Always:

How to set up a Guest Network for Deco

7. the main Network only allows one SSID. If you want to have separate SSIDs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz, you could enable the main network for 5ghz only with SSID1, then the guest network for 2.4ghz with SSID2.

8. So far, I can see the only IPV6 configuration is available under Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV6. I haven't seen any configuration elsewhere.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 1

Related Articles