Cant connect to node x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant connect to node x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cant connect to node x60
Cant connect to node x60
2023-07-03 03:17:32
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20230601

Last year, I bought 2 TP-Link x60 Wi-Fi extenders. I placed one on the ground floor and the other on the upper floor, connected by an Ethernet cable. After around 4 months, the extender on the upper floor stopped working properly. It shows that it's connected to the system, but no device can connect to it. It doesn't perform "roaming," meaning that it doesn't matter if it's closer to the extender on the upper floor, it still connects to the one downstairs. I've tried resetting the extenders and even swapped their positions, but I can't find a solution

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant connect to node x60
2023-07-04 06:03:31

@galumariano 

Hi, welcome to the community.

For the 1.2.4 of Deco X60 V3, it supports manually selecting the connection preference for the clients. If you manually set one device connected to the upper floor satellite Deco X60, would it respect the change this time?

And since the issue just started recently, would there be any changes recently, like a firmware upgrade?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Cant connect to node x60
2023-07-05 01:40:46
The problem actually started 6 months ago. I'm not sure if it was due to a power outage or a firmware update. I've tried everything, swapping the nodes, resetting the network, deleting the app, reinstalling everything, and starting from scratch. Now, with the latest firmware, when I select to connect to the set-top box located on the upper floor, it automatically disconnects me from the network and doesn't allow me to reconnect to that device. It gives me an error. I have to reconfigure it again. The curious thing is that if I connect an Ethernet cable from the secondary node to a PC, I do get internet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 2

Related Articles