Roku Express not connecting Error 0.14.30

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 09:22:35
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel 74023

First off to say I have multiple devices connected to the same Deco M5 working fine on both 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies. 

Have done little research and found the Roku Express only uses 2.4Ghz. Found an article that suggests that the device does not work with channel 13 so used a sniffer to find that my 2.4Ghz network is using channel 6 currently so this should not be a problem. 

When I try and connect it sometimes works for a short time and then stops. This is a recent issue perhaps starting after a recent firmware upgrade on the Roku. The Roku Model is a 3930EU - Roku Express. Software version 12.0.0 Build 4184-AE. 

Signal in the room is excellent so not the issue. 

When connecting the Roku to the Deco network it takes a time and then reports a 0.14.30 error message. This relates to either  weak signal or generic cannot connect to to the internet. 

The recommendation is to reset the Roku. Have done this and also factory reset. No option to revert the firmware that I can see. 

Also tried setting up a Deco 2.4Ghz IOT network, again using channel 6 currently. I can see the network from the Roku and try and connect but it again fails. 

If I connect the Roku to my phone hotspot it works fine. 

Have also tried isolating the Roku to a specific hotspot without success.

Any other ideas other than buying a Firestick or Chromecast?

Thanks

Martin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Roku Express not connecting Error 0.14.30
2023-07-07 07:34:29

@Stick2001 

Hi, have you tried to temporarily disable "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced?

Then,  please also temporarily change the security type of IOT network to none to see whether it made any difference.

By the way, have you even contacted Roku support to see whether they had seen a similar issue?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Roku Express not connecting Error 0.14.30
2023-07-07 09:16:28

@David-TP 

Thanks for the quick response. Ok so turned off fast roaming and beam forwarding. This did not help.

Removed security from IOT network and that works. So then tried WPA2 but this fails as does WPA/WPA2 so it must be a issue with the security handshake mechanism used on the Roku device. Have posted on the Roku forum as no other support options available and it does say not to use the forum for support matters 😂

Thanks for your help, at least I have a workaround for the time being. Is there anything in development to improve the security options on the Deco currently that might help?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 2

Related Articles