Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Control
Access Control
2023-07-09 16:16:24
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220216 Rel. 60801(5553)

Hi

I have an old TL-WR840N acting as Range Extender but after configuring Access Control (Whitelisting) all allowed devices to connect to my network my Archer AX23 seems rejecting nor not allowing TL-WR840N to connect. MAC address and all are inputted correctly.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access Control
2023-07-10 01:09:52

@tenderfoot 

How do you find out the MAC address? on the client device or on the admin portal of the router? and if you connect directly to the main router, will it work?

For some TP-Link range extenders, when you are connected to the extended network, the MAC address will be changed, not very sure if the TL-WR840N in extender mode behaves the same or not, you could connect a device to the extender, then check DHCP Client list on the main router to see if the device MAC address is the same or not.

Options
Re:Access Control
2023-07-10 14:34:46 - last edited 2023-07-10 14:35:44

@tenderfoot 

Beware when using whitelisting for Access Control - your wireless devices may use a randomized MAC address every time when they connect to your wireless network - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options