DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP issue
DHCP issue
2023-07-09 21:38:46

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought set of 2 s7 deco devices.

As my router is really old and supports up to 100mbps, I have removed it and set up one of those deco devices as a wi-fi router. Currently the set up is as follows: ISP fiber optic converter-1st deco device as wi-fi router configuration-2nd deco connected to the first one by cable and located two rooms from the first one. I have really strange issue when I am trying to connect to the wi-fi. I have to wait for up to 5-10 minutes to get an IP address, in some cases I am not obtaining an address at all. I have DHCP server configured on the first one and I guess it is not working properly. So far I have tried to configure the DHCP server on the old router and use those two deco devices as access points and it works perfect. Could you please advice what could causing this issue? They are up to 

Options
3 Reply
Re:DHCP issue
2023-07-10 08:40:22

@Martin981 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know who is your fiber service provider and can I have the model number of your old router?

When Deco S7 worked as the DHCP server in router mode, did all the mobile devices have this issue, or only several of them:

"I have to wait for up to 5-10 minutes to get an IP address, in some cases I am not obtaining an address at all."

If temporarily unplugging satellite S7, would the same issue start again?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-10 13:18:25

@David-TP 
Hi David,

Yes, I have fiber service provider.  TL-WR940N is the model of my old router.

The issue is with all mobile devices. So far I have tested with Windows laptop (a few of them), Android phone, IOS phone, Android TV box the same issue.
If I set up a static address on the device it is connecting to the Wi-Fi immideatelly. I think that the issue is in the DHCP server on that Deco device

I have tried to unplug satellite S7, no success.

Options
2023-07-10 15:55:43

@David-TP 

I have the same behaviour when connecting with Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi to one of the ports on the Deco device. My PC is not obtaining an IP address. I am wondering if it could be factory defect. DHCP configuration is really simple on those devices so there is no way to be misconfiguration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 3

Related Articles