Deco M4 AC1200 Home Mesh Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 10:50:03
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Guys,

I have a set of 3 Decos connected to my main router.

I live in a double storey villa and then wifi upstairs,eventhough i have an additional router upstairs that connects to the main one downstairs, the wifi is still horrible.

So i decided to have 1 deco upstairs but the coverage isnt good with the 1 deco i have.

So i was thinking to buy 2 more and keep them in our rooms upstairs.

I have these following queries which i need some insight in:

1. Will it help like generally, will wifi coverage be strong and reach our rooms?

2. Can i make the new deco upstairs the main deco instead of the one downstairs as i have a router upstairs too?

3. Do i buy the same model or should get something better and stronger for the new 2 additional decos? If so which one?

Your suggestions and help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 AC1200 Home Mesh Wifi
2023-07-11 02:46:14

@Zido777 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is there any chance that you could run some Ethernet cables between Deco units?

Adding more Deco indeed helps with the Wi-Fi coverage but it might improve the current internet speed around the villa.

We often called the one connected to the ISP modem router via Ethernet cable "Main Deco". so it is ok if you directly have the upstairs Deco connected to the upstairs router and work as the Main Deco.

Since All Deco could work together so either the same model or a higher model would be great. And here are some common rules for mixed Mesh systems:

Can different Deco models work together?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1

Related Articles