Calling Data-Privacy haters 1000 times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 01:19:27
Tags: #Privacy

According to this post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/259476

Deco is calling bing google facebook netflix ... still frequently and this in AP mode. I can't block because because you only can control this garbage with your stupid an buggy cloud!!! What the hell is wrong with you - TP-Link. I don't want to visit data crawlers like Facebook!!! So go and buy your own hva Servers and call them!!! Or let's get to control this by your users. But more than two years and still nof fix!!! Nobody should user this trash!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Calling Data-Privacy haters 1000 times a day
2023-07-11 05:59:27

@Devil1988 

Hi, nice to see you again.

The reason for the constant DNS request in AP mode could be seen here: Why do the Deco devices still resolve DNS for domains other than tp-link when in AP Mode. It has been confirmed by the engineers that there is no security risk for this DNS request. If you have found any slight chance that your network is in danger, it is highly appreciated if you could leave feedback here-security-advisory.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Calling Data-Privacy haters 1000 times a day
2023-07-11 06:04:23

@David-TP but my Privacy is in Danger! I don't want to share anything with google or Facebook! That's a no go!

Options